Studying Abroad can be expensive and travelling is such a big part of the experience, so here are 5 tips that have helped me save a little bit of money.
- Avoid peak travel timesPlan around off-peak travel times. You can find good prices on accommodation and activities. In addition, there will be less tourists and you can enjoy other types of activities and landscapes.
- Take the bus instead of taking a train or flightTaking the bus may take three times the amount of time to get to your destination, but it can also be three times less expensive. If you’re travelling in Europe, GoEuro is a great website that will compare all 3 ways of travelling.
- Stay in hostels instead of hotels and AirbnbsHostels are especially great when you travel in groups as you can all share a room for a low price. Hostelworld is is a great website to use because you can find and book directly the cheapest and best rated accommodation in the country you wish to travel to.
- Cook Meals instead of always eating outMost hostels have kitchens accessible for you to use. Try cooking dinner with some of your friends. Go grocery shopping and you can all split the cost! Chances are it will be a lot cheaper than eating out!
- Enjoy the free walking toursWalking tours of one of the best ways to explore a new city. Often they’re free and led by experienced locals.
What are some tips you’ve found helpful? Share in the comments!